Meet Mumford, the blue haired African Buffalo residing in Alexis Bittar's showroom on 3rd Street in West Hollywood. This striking beauty caught my eye while strolling down one of my favorite streets in Los Angeles. I couldn't help but wander inside to pay my respects to this majestic animal. Luckily for me I basically fell into a candy store of gorgeous baubles and vintage delights. JEWELRY my friend is a weakness I inherited from my mother and late nights watching Alexis Carrington sashay the grand corridors of Dynasty. Then enter in Troy Parrish, Alexis Bittar brand aficionado. This stylish man and I hit it off immediately when we gabbed about everything Bittar and how the line has graced The Carrie Diaries. Look, I'll admit it. I'm a fan. 80s music and fashion is something I take very seriously. Alexis Bittar is a craftsman who has developed his own original style and has an amazing eye for vintage jewelry. He started collecting when he was a child. Seeing these pieces in the store, left me breathless. There were one of kinds that were fit for a queen, more like Queen of the Nile. With 5 categories, it's possible for every woman to own an Alexis Bittar. (See how smart he is.) The Lucite collection features handcrafted workmanship that literally glows in front of your eyes. The attention to detail is crazy that you have to see in person yourself. Across the way lies 4 more collections: Elements, Miss Havisham, Antiques and Fine Jewelry. This girl's heart melted when I saw the editorial feature Black Fur Deco Clip Earrings (see below). The outrageousness of anything editorial just makes my heart skip a beat. It's the designer in me. Back to Bittar. So what's a girl to do when she finds herself in Alexis Bittar Wonderland so close to Christmas? Well, I hit the pinboards and basically live out my shopping dreams online. Here's hoping Santa's brings me something divine this year:
1. Neo Bohemian Gold Frozen Lucite Link Hinged Bracelet, $245 / 2. 1910 Petite Snake Ring, $800 / 3. 1910 Art Nouveau Turquoise Marquis Ring, $1,200 4. Gold Marquis Triple Row Tennis Bracelet in 18k Gold, $8,495 / 5. LONG BLCK FUR DECO CLIP EARRINGS, $395 6. Hyperion Gold Labradorite Doublet Orbiting Clip Earring, $350
The details on Alexis Bittar / online + Los Angeles showroom
- Made in USA in the heart of Brooklyn.
- Collaborations are good for the soul and from the looks of it, seems Alexis Bittar agrees. Collabs over years: 2002: Patricia Field, 2007: Michael Kos, 2011: Jason Wu and many more.
- The man pays attention to detail. Items are hand carved, hand painted in his Lucite line. You're getting quality here people. See the proof here in his Brooklyn workspace located in Dumbo.
- His work has graced a variety of editorials like Vogue, THE fashion mega bible. He even has his own spot in Voguepedia.
- He's inspired by classic motifs that can be seen in his recent Neo Bohemian collection; inspired by the forward thinking spirit of the Ballets Russes. Swoon!
- His campaigns have featured the most stylish women like Joan Collins, Lauren Hutton, Iris Apfe shot by Jack Pierson.
- A fan of the greatest eras of fun: 60s, 70s and of course 80s you can see his one of kind pieces for shows like The Carrie Diaries and Sex and the City.
- The West Hollywood showroom has the nicest team will help you find the most perfect trinket or sparkler to fit your style or that special someone's. Go visit and ask for Troy. Seriously, now get shopping!
Don't forget to follow Alexis Bittar for all the latest creations:
Image featuring Alexis Bittar quote is created with a Samantha Shaw collage from Alexis Bittar look book. See more of Samantha Shaw's collage work here.