Let me guess, you totally clicked through to this post because of the word BOOZY. If so, we have a lot in common. I found this beautiful cocktail while pinning my life away on Pinterest right before Halloween—the perfect time for something pumpkin. Plus, I needed an adult-worthy sweet treat for my party. Thankfully Minimalist Baker and I crossed paths. So days before the bash I tested it for Sam. The moment was just right as we had been working outside all night and needed something good to warm us up. 5 minutes later, this libation transported us to the porch with mittens on talking about the harvest moon. Just kidding, it actually got us knee deep in talk about our love for Psych. What I loved most about this recipe: Dana's instructions. She keeps it super simple and straight to the point. Now get to the store and grab your essentials. This drink trumps any pumpkin spice latte out there. I can guarantee that. Important side note: Sam and I tried both versions of this beverage. I preferred the Kahlua while Sam favored the bourbon version. Cheers!
Ingredients (Serves: 2)
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips (or chopped)
- 2.5 cups milk (I used 2%)
- 1/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/4 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 ounce Kahlua or 1/2 ounce Bourbon
- whipped cream and caramel for topping (optional)
1. In a saucepan over low-medium heat, melt the chocolate chips and 1/2 cup of the milk, whisking often (about 3 minutes).
2. Once melted, add the rest of the milk, the pumpkin and the pumpkin pie spice and stir vigorously to incorporate.
3. Pour a small amount of the hot chocolate into two serving glasses, add one ounce of Kahlua OR one-half ounce of bourbon (bourbon is much stronger in taste). Top off with hot chocolate, stir and then top with whipped cream, caramel sauce and more pumpkin pie spice (optional).