My mother taught me well. She instilled in me a deep love and admiration for fine jewelry, so naturally when I found Memphis George online via instagram, I was hooked. Prior to moving to Atwater Village, I kept tabs on these stunning pieces of art and the woman behind them. Her one-of-a-kind items with incredible detail radiate online and in person. Little did I know a year later I would find myself hanging out with this incredible woman exchanging stories and inspiration. Thanks to that little photo app, we stumbled into each other lives. Getting to know her and the story behind these beautiful creations, one realizes that her work is really wearable sculptures of art—truly original and unique. The gallery is filled with eye candy. You can't help but spend dedicated time looking at each vibrant piece—each handmade by the woman herself. From vintage embellishments to mechanical elements, the true beholders of this wearable art know there will not be a duplicate. Celebrating individuality each time you wear these divine sculptures. Her art ranges from simple and sleek featuring variety of stones like geodes, moon quartz and many others, to Oscar worthy items meant for the red carpet. The best part? This Saturday from 6-9pm Memphis is hosting a holiday party to showcase her elegant designs and bring in some holiday cheer with live music, cider and desserts.
- The gallery is located on Glendale Boulevard near Brunswick Ave: 3229 1/2 Glendale Blvd. Los Angeles, CA 90039
- Live outside of Atwater Village? No worries, check out her etsy shop here.
- Hollywood loves Memphis George Jewelry. Her pieces have been to the Oscars multiple times. Told you they were red carpet worthy.
- Big advocate of the arts, Memphis participates in many art shows across the country.
- Her gallery features artwork by other local artisans ranging from sculpture to paintings.
Don't forget to check out Memphis George's holiday party this Saturday from 6-9pm. We'll be there enjoying some holiday fun and checking out the live music and fantastic jewelry!